Below is the guidence from GoCardless on editing your subscription so as to pause payments. This is the easiest way to pause your subscriptions without having to cancel them and set them back up. This guidence is taken directly from the Go Cardless Website Here
This article will guide you through how to 'pause' a subscription within your Go Cardless dashboard.
Subscriptions can be edited on a customer by customer basis
By editing the amount to £0, no funds will be collected from the customer but the subscription remains active. When the customer’s payments need to start again you can log in to edit the amount.
1. Open the Customers tab on your dashboard
2. Click on the customer’s name
3. Click on the customer's subscription
4. Click Edit at the top of the page
5. Enter the new amount as £0
6. Click Update
The subscription timeline will update to show when the change will come into effect.
Please note: Any payments that are already pending collection cannot be changed.
7. When the customer’s payments need to start again you can log in and edit the subscription amount as outlined above.